Are you looking for the best wilderness quotes? Then look no further!
Having the perfect quote to go with that epic wilderness picture can be so important! Helping to encourage a certain feeling to go with your picture is important to the overall aesthetic, we get it! So here we will hit on several quotes about the wilderness to help you out!
We will help you out by giving a wide range of subcategories to choose from so that you can find that perfect quote! We want to help you focus on things like your trip or capturing that perfect photograph. With this handy list of quotes you will have one less thing to worry about as you share your picture with the world!
John Muir Wilderness Quotes
What better way to start out these wilderness sayings than to go straight to the Father of the National Parks, John Muir? John Muir was a well known naturalist, and so using some sayings from him is certainly a great place to start!
John Muir loved all things nature, and without him the United States would probably not have the kind of National Parks that it has! Because of this we feel that some John Muir wilderness quotes are going to add the perfect feeling to any picture that you take.
- “In every walk with Nature one receives far more than he seeks.” – John Muir
- “Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” – John Muir
- “How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains!” – John Muir
- “None of Nature’s landscapes are ugly so long as they are wild.” ― John Muir
- “Come to the woods, for here is rest. There is no repose like that of the green deep woods. Sleep in forgetfulness of all ill.” ― John Muir
- “Come to the woods, for here is rest. There is no repose like that of the green deep woods.” – John Muir
- “Going to the mountains is going home.” – John Muir
- “Earth has no sorrow that earth cannot heal.” – John Muir
- “Wander a whole summer if you can…time will not be taken from the sum of your life. Instead of shortening, it will definitely lengthen it and make you truly immortal.” – John Muir
- “And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.” – John Muir
Inspiring Wilderness Sayings
Being out in the wild is inspiring in and of itself. Often those of us that decide to venture out into the wild do so to get inspired! There is nothing more awe-inspiring than being surrounded by wilderness.
In this next section, we will give some quotes about the wilderness that capture the breathtaking feeling we so often experience in the wild. So enjoy the beauty of the wild, and let us worry about the quotes for you!
- “To be whole. To be complete. Wildness reminds us what it means to be human, what we are connected to rather than what we are separate from.” – Terry Tempest Williams
- “Leave the roads; take the trails.” – Pythagoras
- “I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees.” Henry David Thoreau
- “Choose only one master—nature.” – Rembrandt
- “Jobs fill your pockets, but adventures fill your soul.” – Jaime Lyn Beatty
- “Look deep into nature and you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
- “Of all the things I’d been skeptical about, I didn’t feel skeptical about this: the wilderness had a clarity that included me.” – Cheryl Strayed
- “The forest makes your heart gentle. You become one with it. No place for greed or anger there.” – Pha Pachak
- “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going” – Beverly Sills
- “Wilderness is not a luxury, but a necessity of the human spirit.” – Edward Abbey
Emerson Quotes About Nature
Another writer to look to for great wilderness sayings is Ralph Waldo Emerson. Emerson is someone who has a beautiful way with words, and often wrote of things in relation to the appreciation of nature. He is certainly someone worth quoting to go with that perfect picture!
Emerson quotes about nature should help to add to the inspiration of whatever you may be posting. Here are a few of the best quotes from him!
- “Adopt the pace of nature. Her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Nature always wears the colors of the spirit.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The health of the eye seems to demand a horizon. We are never tired, so long as we can see far enough.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have never been discovered.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The sky is the daily bread of the eyes.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and adore.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “To a dull mind all of nature is leaden. To the illumined mind the whole world burns and sparkles with light.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The earth laughs in flowers.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Every sunset brings the promise of a new dawn.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Romantic Wilderness Quotes
How enjoyable is it to get lost in the wild with someone you love? It is arguably one of the best ways to bond with someone. Spending time in nature has a way of exposing our true selves and bring people closer together as they enjoy the beauty of this world.
In this section we will have some romantic wilderness sayings to inspire the love you feel for your significant other.
- “We are travelers on a cosmic journey, stardust, swirling and dancing in the eddies and whirlpools of infinity. Life is eternal. We have stopped for a moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, to share. This is a precious moment. It is a little parenthesis in eternity.” — Paulo Coehlo
- “The journey is always towards the other soul.” -D. H. Lawrence
- “Happiness is planning a trip to somewhere new, with someone you love.” – Unknown
- “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.”- Anais Nin
- “Camping is not a date; it’s an endurance test. If you can survive camping with someone, you should marry them on the way home.”- Yvonne Prinz
- “Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter.” – Izaak Walton
- “The right companion makes memories last a lifetime.” – Unknown
- “Come with me, where dreams are born and time is never planned.” – James Matthew Barrie
- “The universe just fucking knows when souls are wired to wreck the world together!” – Erin Van Vuren
- “No hiking boot fits right until you’ve taken it on many hikes to become familiar, comfortable and protective.” – Unknown
Braving The Wilderness Quotes
Sometimes we want to feel that we have a place in this vast world. Especially when we are spending time in nature, we often become more aware of this feeling
Braving the Wilderness by Brené Brown talks about how we fit into this world, and that can play perfectly into nature as a whole! So here we will include some quotes by Brené Brown to help capture the feeling of belonging that we long for when we are alone in nature.
- “You are only free when you realize you belong no place—you belong every place—no place at all. The price is high. The reward is great.” – Brené Brown
- “Courage is forged in pain, but not in all pain. Pain that is denied or ignored becomes fear or hate.” – Brené Brown
- “True belonging is not passive. It’s a practice that requires us to be vulnerable, get uncomfortable, and learn how to be present with people without sacrificing who we are.” – Brené Brown
- “Belonging so fully to yourself that you’re willing to stand alone is a wilderness — an untamed, unpredictable place of solitude and searching.” – Brené Brown
- “Being ourselves means sometimes having to find the courage to stand alone, totally alone.” – Brené Brown
- “No one belongs here more than you.” – Brené Brown
- “A wild heart is not something you can always see — and yet it is our greatest spiritual possession.” – Brené Brown
- “We all have to find our own way deep into the wild.” – Brené Brown
- “A soft and open front is not being weak; it’s being brave, it’s being the wilderness.” – Brené Brown
- “True belonging has no bunkers. We have to step out from behind the barricades of self-preservation and brave the wild.” – Brené Brown
Funny Wilderness Quotes
If you have ever spent any time in the wild, you will quickly realize the importance of having a sense of humor. Having some wilderness quotes that have a bit of humor to them can definitely be useful!
In this section we will give you some funny wilderness quotes to help you share that sense of humor! This way you do not have to take the time to think of that perfect little funny comment to go with your picture or post!
- “If you think adventure is dangerous try routine, it’s lethal.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Sleeping bags are the most soft tacos of the bear’s world.” – Unknown
- “Never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost, and you see a path. By all means, you should follow that.” – Ellen Degeneres
- “What on earth would I do if four bears came into my camp? Why, I would die of course.” – Bill Bryson
- “When life knocks you down, roll over and look at the stars.” – Unknown
- “Bring a compass. It’s awkward when you have to eat your friends.” – Unknown
- “There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.” – Sir Ranulph Fiennes
- “The stars were better company anyway. They were very beautiful, and they almost never snored.” – David Eddings
- “There should be sympathy cards for having to go back to work after vacation.” – Unknown
- “Always hike with someone in worse shape than you. The bears out there will know.” – Unknown
We hope that you enjoy these wilderness quotes that we found for you! Be sure to share which quote is your favorite with us down below.